duck eggs, my new favorite eggs to eat

Rauxann

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 27, 2013
I was wondering about the taste of duck eggs. does loose its flavor when a rooster mates with her? does it change the nutrients and deep orange color of them?

i just saw my rooster mate with my duck yesterday, very unusual, i don't have any drakes only female ducks. I have chickens and roosters and only 4 ducks, hey all stay together. i couldn't believe it when i saw it .

No, the flavor is based on what the birds eat... I had a drake (male duck) that mated with the chickens AND the ducks. All eggs were "fertilized" (the white double ring) although the chicken eggs would obviously never hatch. I don't have roosters because the laws don't allow me to. No change in flavor or taste.

I thought so too... until all the eggs I collected from both the chickens and the ducks came back with the bullseye.

I know. Which was why I thought it was really strange if not downright dangerous for the chicken hens. I guess someone who has only drakes and duck hens and chicken hens can take pictures of the eggs cracked open one day to put this debate to rest.

Back
Top Bottom