Duck Eggs Prices

Since my ducks make a mess of everything that comes to their mouth and they eat about 1 cup of food per duck per day, do you thing I may be able to get $3-$4 per 1/2 dozen?
I think it depends on where you live. I am confident I can get that where I live. You also have to find a group of people that value the duck egg. I will be charging $3 for 1/2 dozen. If I am running out too quickly and cannot keep up with demand- I cannot make more eggs so law of supply and demand says raise the prices. I would start at the low end and see how the eggs sell. If you run out quickly and cannot supply enough to keep up with demand- begin raising your prices. OR the other option is to close your customer list and sell to only the same people. If making money is not your bag- this will work for you. It depends on how you view this- are you simply trying to get rid of extra eggs and know you would be willing to do it for free if no one wanted them? Or do you see this as a way to provide others who value fresh eggs a fresh product and fill a need while making a little money in the process. Neither is wrong. You just have to pick which camp you are in. :D

We are in Vt and get $4 per dozen to bakeries, and $4.50 per dozen to food co-op, but they mark it up to $6 per dozen.

I sell organic free range chicken eggs for 4$ a dozen. I sell the duck eggs for 6$ a dozen or $3 a half dozen and never have enough in stock. Thats the farmers market we go to though. People can tell the difference just by looking at the yolk. I now have a drake, so I will be selling hatching eggs. How much should I charge for the furtilized eggs?

Last edited:
I sell hatching eggs with a guarantee. If they don't start to develop I'll provide replacement eggs or an equivalent discount on a duckling from one of my hatches.

That said, my hatching eggs are $3/ea, not $1/ea.

Last edited:
Here duck eggs are a novelty, so they go for a a whopping $7 a dozen!!! And they only are in csa's and such, not ordinary grocery stores. Mine are organic and pastured so I could probably get 8, but I either eat them or give to my neighbors in exchange for favors(like take care of the ducks while we're on vacation)

Last edited:
People down in Magnolia Texas are buying our Big Pekin Duck Eggs for $12 a dozen or $7 for a half-dozen or $1.25 per egg. Our Giant Pekin Ducks are Free Roaming with a large fresh water pond full of small fish, they are fed organic feed, given Omega oils & vitamins. We have very happy Ducks and 2 Drakes down here on GallowaySteading.com

North Alabama region, I'm selling mine $6 a dozen and I can't keep up with the demand! Pasture raised, non-GMO. but started with just pasture raised at the same price. If you can tap into your local asian market, you are golden.

Most of my customers are

1) asian, and grew up on duck eggs, and prefer duck eggs
2) are allergic to chicken eggs
3) want to eat duck eggs for their muscle training/ meal planning
4) are into baking (they make fluffier baked goods)
5) Pickling
6) just curious!

If you think that would be helpful to market towards any on the list, give it a try!

Back
Top Bottom