Duck eggs soon to hatch?

This egg I’m not sure about. Sorry about the rough pictures but it looks like there is a dark spot on the air sac, and there was also a dark splotchy spot on the opposite end. Any idea if the egg is okay? Didn’t see any movement in this one

Attachments

• 203A0F45-7FA5-4FB1-9E22-8A9C465D2F8A.jpeg
    203A0F45-7FA5-4FB1-9E22-8A9C465D2F8A.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 9
  • BBB7D5E0-5472-4B16-AA74-BB58A1A77C2D.jpeg
    BBB7D5E0-5472-4B16-AA74-BB58A1A77C2D.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 02EEE968-9451-491F-956C-B2FB52E0F127.jpeg
    02EEE968-9451-491F-956C-B2FB52E0F127.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 8
And this egg looked normal for the most part except this weird discoloration on the air sac. No movement with this one either but can still see veins and what not

Attachments

• 0C82592E-5DD9-491F-A062-3267FE9D8AE5.jpeg
    0C82592E-5DD9-491F-A062-3267FE9D8AE5.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 8
I'm no expert but from my experience, The second picture looks to be dead, The blotchiness parts doesn't look good. The last picture looks like it may be "Shadowing", This is a critical part of the hatching process so to reduce your chances of the babies getting disoriented i would leave them be for a while.

Keep us updated!

Yeah, the firsts 3 pic are the same egg right? That one looks like a late quitter. The other one with grey in the air cell is definitely trying to hatch. Does the grey move? The grey spot is the baby taking up room in the air cell and pushing on the membrane trying to internally pip. Put a star or something on that egg. You can gently candle it again this evening, it may be internally pipped by then. If you candle that one later make sure you don't turn it at all, hold it exactly how it was laying in the incubator. Don't tip it or anything. I'm excited for you! Hoping that one makes it. Do you have starter feed and a heat source for when they hatch? For feed Purina FlockRaiser works great.

I'm no expert but from my experience, The second picture looks to be dead, The blotchiness parts doesn't look good. The last picture looks like it may be "Shadowing", This is a critical part of the hatching process so to reduce your chances of the babies getting disoriented i would leave them be for a while.

Keep us updated!
Hey thank you for your input! I’ll keep them both just in case. I will keep you all updated. I’ve read in places where they say humidity shouldn’t be too high when it’s almost time to hatch. What should I have the humidity at at this point?

Yeah, the firsts 3 pic are the same egg right? That one looks like a late quitter. The other one with grey in the air cell is definitely trying to hatch. Does the grey move? The grey spot is the baby taking up room in the air cell and pushing on the membrane trying to internally pip. Put a star or something on that egg. You can gently candle it again this evening, it may be internally pipped by then. If you candle that one later make sure you don't turn it at all, hold it exactly how it was laying in the incubator. Don't tip it or anything. I'm excited for you! Hoping that one makes it. Do you have starter feed and a heat source for when they hatch? For feed Purina FlockRaiser works great.
Yes the first 3 pics are the same egg. Aw yeah that’s what I kind of figured... thank you though. As far as the one with the grey, it didn’t move. I’m hoping that one makes it though and I’m happy to hear that’s what the grey part means!!! I have a heat lamp but I haven’t gotten feed yet. I will get the one you recommended. Also the incubator should be here today:)

Back
Top Bottom