Duck eggs soon to hatch?

So, when you start seeing bills and movement inside the aircell thats your internal pip, they just broke through the inner membrane. They will internaly pip then can rest a good 8-12 hours

Next you will see them break a small air hole in the shell and thats your external pip and the first time they breath fresh air, they can rest another 8-12 hours

When they are ready they will start breaking the hole bigger and that is the "Zipping" they can zip a bit and rest, and you can expect another several hours before they are out

Once they are out they need several hours to dry and fluff up before they are ready for the brooder

In my opinion the first pip is the critical stage. if they dont pip in time they can suffocate, but it takes a substantial amount of time. So keep track of when your internal pip happens, keep us updated.

If your unsure if the duckling has internaly piped or not put your ear up to it and listen for peeps. I whistle at mine and they respond sometimes

And dont expect every egg to go through the stages at the same time

And helping a hatch makes weak ducklings, so if your worried post on here and someone should be on to help!
Me- @Jpat
or @Miss Lydia
or @DuckyDonna
or @WVduckchick
Or @casportpony
or @MGG
Someone should be around

Best of luck!
Thank you very much all of you have been a great help. The incubator just came in an hour ago and setting up now. Should I candle them again even though I did last night before putting them in?

Candle the good ones. The 6 that you mentioned. I'll be able to help in a few. Just get it set up and plugged in. Put in the smaller hatching tray. Put some trippy shelf liner on top of it. Trace around the tray so it fits good. Then put a small cup of water in there on top of the tray. Than put in all the eggs exactly how they were laying. Run your incubator for at least an hour before putting them in and try to stabilize it. Did you test your thermometer/hygrometer for accuracy? If so put it in. Make sure the temp is good. Put in your eggs. Keep a really close eye on temp and humidity. Do not rely on the red numbers on top of the incubator for temp. They're usually wrong. Just mess with the temp until it's right. Make sure the little metal turning rod in the lid can't crack any eggs. Gtg finish taking care of the chickens. Post any more questions and I will try to answer them. Picture when it's totally set up. 😉

Candle the good ones. The 6 that you mentioned. I'll be able to help in a few. Just get it set up and plugged in. Put in the smaller hatching tray. Put some trippy shelf liner on top of it. Trace around the tray so it fits good. Then put a small cup of water in there on top of the tray. Than put in all the eggs exactly how they were laying. Run your incubator for at least an hour before putting them in and try to stabilize it. Did you test your thermometer/hygrometer for accuracy? If so put it in. Make sure the temp is good. Put in your eggs. Keep a really close eye on temp and humidity. Do not rely on the red numbers on top of the incubator for temp. They're usually wrong. Just mess with the temp until it's right. Make sure the little metal turning rod in the lid can't crack any eggs. Gtg finish taking care of the chickens. Post any more questions and I will try to answer them. Picture when it's totally set up. 😉
Thanks for all of your tips! I have it set up now. Do you just remove the lid while it’s still plugged in to add water etc? I forgot to my thermometer in but I don’t want to unplug it if I don’t have to. Sorry if this a silly question

Any updates?
I have everything set up now. Do you just the thermometer in there? Is there a certain way to open and close with shutting it off completely? Worried that I moved them around too much when placing them in. Crossing my fingers i did enough for them

Attachments

• DE359512-8BE0-4093-8482-E3683876700E.jpeg
    DE359512-8BE0-4093-8482-E3683876700E.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 4
  • F3EBB6E7-C30F-46CA-A422-2B344278C88C.jpeg
    F3EBB6E7-C30F-46CA-A422-2B344278C88C.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for all of your tips! I have it set up now. Do you just remove the lid while it’s still plugged in to add water etc? I forgot to my thermometer in but I don’t want to unplug it if I don’t have to. Sorry if this a silly question

Attachments

• B7D2104A-1EDB-470D-9635-687A5AEE24A8.jpeg
    B7D2104A-1EDB-470D-9635-687A5AEE24A8.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 3
  • EBBFBB07-4C52-4A75-95AC-0660019E2C20.jpeg
    EBBFBB07-4C52-4A75-95AC-0660019E2C20.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom