Duck eggs soon to hatch?

Pics
So sorry you lost your hen, but great job rescuing the eggs. I’m on my phone, but most of the egg pics look pretty good, so I think you will have some babies soon!

You’ve received a lot of good help already, I’ll just add a couple things I haven’t seen mentioned. Muscovies take longer than mallard derives ducks. Muscovies take about 35 days to hatch. I didn’t calculate your days (sorry) so just keep that in mind.

Around 2-4 days before they hatch, the air cell will “draw down” as the duckling gets into final hatching position. That’s when you know it’s getting close. The air cell will change shape. Shortly after that, they should internally pip. So watch for the draw down, especially since you don’t know the exact incubation dates.
Here’s what it looks like, from one day to the next. See how the shape of the air cells changed. That’s the duckling scooting further into the fat end of the egg to pip into the air cell. Best of luck!!!
View attachment 2031955View attachment 2031956
Great pictures!!! Much appreciated because now I know what to look for! I will candle tonight in hopes to see some progress. Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom