Duck eggs soon to hatch?

Pics
Over a day old now. Question I’m worried about one egg who I feel like is having a hard time breaking out of its shell. This egg I thought may have zipped yesterday. The pip hole is getting bigger and it’s poking its beak out, but can’t seem to maybe wiggle enough to make the full zip circle? When do I assist with that?
Ok, that one may be shrink wrapped a little bit. Keep humidity up around 75 percent in there if you haven't already been. I know some won't agree with this, but it's what I've always done and that baby might not make it if you don't. Take it out, candle the little end and see if someone can take pics for you. Post them here so I can see. Only have it out for 3 minutes at the most and most it with a little warm water when you put it back in. If it's pretty much clear on that end and you can see the curly little tail feathers it has absorbed all of the yolk, and is probably ready to hatch. If you see veins, it is not ready. If you just see some goopy stuff, that is just embryo excretions and not yolk. If that's all you see, you can assist. Post here before you do that though. Ok, that's a little long winded, sorry. If you have any questions, just ask. ;)

Has egg O hatched yet? If it hasn't, just kinda push down on the top and sides of the egg and help break through the membrane. That one is zipping and if it's still like that, definitely help him out.

Ok, that one may be shrink wrapped a little bit. Keep humidity up around 75 percent in there if you haven't already been. I know some won't agree with this, but it's what I've always done and that baby might not make it if you don't. Take it out, candle the little end and see if someone can take pics for you. Post them here so I can see. Only have it out for 3 minutes at the most and most it with a little warm water when you put it back in. If it's pretty much clear on that end and you can see the curly little tail feathers it has absorbed all of the yolk, and is probably ready to hatch. If you see veins, it is not ready. If you just see some goopy stuff, that is just embryo excretions and not yolk. If that's all you see, you can assist. Post here before you do that though. Ok, that's a little long winded, sorry. If you have any questions, just ask. ;)
I can’t seem to get a good candle at all. Super hard to tell for some reason I don’t know. I don’t think there is a yolk based on the fact that was going to be the next one to hatch... idk though his beak has been out now for hours.

Attachments

• D72BBA0A-2E85-4AA1-9EB8-C561AC8FC830.jpeg
    D72BBA0A-2E85-4AA1-9EB8-C561AC8FC830.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 6
Has egg O hatched yet? If it hasn't, just kinda push down on the top and sides of the egg and help break through the membrane. That one is zipping and if it's still like that, definitely help him out.
Also o hasn’t hatched yet. We did get another hatch though. B hatched

I can’t seem to get a good candle at all. Super hard to tell for some reason I don’t know. I don’t think there is a yolk based on the fact that was going to be the next one to hatch... idk though his beak has been out now for hours.
Really worried 😟

Really worried 😟
Okay guys..... so I helped him break out. He was long over due to come out.... he is alive but something is wrong with his neck :( broken maybe? Mist likely why he could turn around to fully zip. I really need some advice on how to handle it...... not sure if he will be able to be normal .

Can you post a video of his neck? We're there any veins left in the one you made a bigger hole on? Or is that the one you helped out?

Can you post a video of his neck? We're there any veins left in the one you made a bigger hole on? Or is that the one you helped out?
O didn’t make it.... I have no idea what’s happening. Is it because of the humidity? It’s been high the whole time except when I candle or take one out. So upset about O

Back
Top Bottom