Duck eggs soon to hatch?

Pics
Great thanks for the explanation! I will wipe it away when I place him in the brooder. I don’t think it was disrespectful at all! I welcome everyone’s advice. Thanks!
Maybe just leave it on there. You might rip it open and cause him to bleed. I have used it on many and it's always been fine. I just do a little dusting. Mine were actively bleeding though. It usually just rubs off when they get dry. I didn't have Neosporin on hand, otherwise I would have used that.

Maybe just leave it on there. You might rip it open and cause him to bleed. I have used it on many and it's always been fine. I just do a little dusting. Mine were actively bleeding though. It usually just rubs off when they get dry. I didn't have Neosporin on hand, otherwise I would have used that.
Okay gotchya I will leave it on then LOL. It was barley bleeding when I put the corn starch on it. He is sleeping away. Anything I should keep in mind due to the fact he is premature? And going off what you said about the alive egg that hasn’t externally pipped yet... do I just continue to make the hole even bigger?

Right, it mostly depends on what’s at hand at the time. :D Many things are useful, so all options are good to know (for anyone reading this later).

I guess I have more cuts and scrapes, and less time in the kitchen cooking :lol: . I did buy some cornstarch, but I can keep a box of it in my pantry for years! :oops: :gig

I think I will just leave it on there to avoid any damage
Yeah, it will be fine. It comes off surprisingly quick. I had one hatch all on its own and it ripped a major vein and bled everywhere. He was so pale. I was going to just cull it to end his suffering, but it dried up ok and he ended up being fine. How is your little baby now? Getting dry? How are the others in the eggs?

Okay gotchya I will leave it on then LOL. It was barley bleeding when I put the corn starch on it. He is sleeping away. Anything I should keep in mind due to the fact he is premature? And going off what you said about the alive egg that hasn’t externally pipped yet... do I just continue to make the hole even bigger?
He's not technically premature, he would actually be overdue I think since he externally pipped almost 2 days ago. Just let him do his thing. I think he's going to be fine.

Yes. Just keep picking away on it. No rush. Just go slow and if you see any blood, stop. Is this the last living egg?

Back
Top Bottom