Duck eggs weird air cell

Yes my hatch was amazing my eggs came late and were put in the incubator in day 8 and 14 out of 20 hatched 2 never grew anything but 4 did but then died after about the first week the 14 that were healthy all hatched sometimes you can see the air cell and that is ok but when you candle them and the air sac moves around that is a detached and you should toss that egg so nothing continues growing but if you don’t if could spread bacteria and it will most likely die very soon but those air cells are fine there is sometimes problems with hatching if you have anymore questions please ask away and happy hatching
Glad your hatch went well, mine go into lockdown today and look great there’s just one that looks fine on one side (marked x) but then when you slowly turn the egg a long shaped saddled appears on one side (marked 1), it dosnt move or jiggle and it’s in a fixed position and the air cell still remains at the fat end too but just like it has stretched down one side. When you put the egg on the other side (x facing up) you can’t see the stretches bit, so should I go into lockdown with the long stretched bit facing up or facing down? Thanks

Attachments

• 4323740C-FCF8-4100-8562-5EC9F03879E3.jpeg
    4323740C-FCF8-4100-8562-5EC9F03879E3.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 3
Does anyone know where i can find a Bruder box for 16 ducks that are about to hatch?
Glad your hatch went well, mine go into lockdown today and look great there’s just one that looks fine on one side (marked x) but then when you slowly turn the egg a long shaped saddled appears on one side (marked 1), it dosnt move or jiggle and it’s in a fixed position and the air cell still remains at the fat end too but just like it has stretched down one side. When you put the egg on the other side (x facing up) you can’t see the stretches bit, so should I go into lockdown with the long stretched bit facing up or facing down? Thanks
Largest part of air cell up.:). Usually that’s the way they wanna roll. I just put my shipped runner duck eggs on lockdown today, and their air cells were much worse than the picture ones. In the past I have hatched silkies just the same, but this time is ducks. And yes, the silkies I did in an egg carton, but these duck eggs I have only had on their sides, fat end slightly elevated. They are due to hatch Saturday night/Sunday! I have incubated chickens and geese and pigeon, never ducks yet. Good luck!!

I have 5 of 6 of these Indian Runner Duck eggs. eBay auction, paid for 5, got 6, one quit, but still have 5! just put in lockdown today! This is my first time hatching ducks, but I have done chickens, geese, quail, pigeons... lol. These are some very wonkie air cells!!! But I HAVE hatched silkies with similar air cells. Anyway, hoping for the best. They were all still moving right before lockdown:).

Back
Top Bottom