duck eggs..what to do with them?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
ive heard you cant really scramble/fry duck eggs (they are too firm/hard??) so does anyone have any recipes that can be used with duck eggs?
my scovies have started laying i can have a pile of ducky eggs to use up
smile.png

you can fry them or scramble them, they just are richer, we boil them and make egg salad, and I made the best deviled eggs, they were huge!! You can bake with them for sure, they work great!

I'm going to eat them, sell them, feed them, and hatch them. We are going to have a ton when the girls are all grown. My one and only friend who raised ducks years ago said she liked them better than chicken eggs and ate them every which way.

Quote:
I was under the impression that duck eggs were popular in europe.

Regardless, we've learned to pickle any excess duck eggs. Easy enough to do, and there are lots of recipes on the internet. We also sell duck eggs to neighbors and through natural and organic grocery co-ops. Our main selling point is they make a difference in baking.

Also, you can hatch them out and raise them as meat ducks. We find sauted duck breast dipped in orange sauce to be delicious, as do the French.

Last edited:
Right now I scramble mine up and feed them to my Ducks, Chickens, Dogs and Cats. In the winter I also use them for my baking.
My husband ate duck eggs all through his childhood but he doesn't now, he says they're too strong.

Michelle

They make great custard pies! I almost forgot about that! I have milk goats, and made custard pie with fresh goat milk and duck eggs, it was wonderful!
smile.png

from what I hear, hollandaise sauce and custards... also use them for baking. We actually use our eggs to make seed muffins for our parrot-birds when trying to convert them from eating seed to pellets.

I also have a good friend who is a chef at a downtown chicago restaurant. She takes all of my extra eggs and uses them in her restaurant. I show up maybe once a month carrying around 3 flats of eggs (anywhere up to 6 dozen depending on who's laying) and I hear a bunch of "Yay! The duck egg lady is here!" from the chefs in the back. The last time I stopped by, the owner was in the back and gave me a strange glance that said, "What are YOU doing in my kitchen" and one of the chefs introduced me as the "Duck egg lady" and his face went from scowl to a big smile saying, "Oh thank you so much for the duck eggs!" lol.

they make fantastic brownies, chocolate chip cookies, cakes, pound cakes, muffins, pancakes, waffles, I use a couple when I make bread, occassionally I give one beat up with a little milk to the cats. I eat them scrambled with a little milk and cheese, French toast. hard boiled . To fry them I use a lower heat.. Oh I made deviled eggs with some last week and hubby doesn't like deviled eggs but he like these.. Hmm. LOL
Oh and I've made egg salad a couple times have enjoyed it..

also put them in tuna, or chicken salad..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom