Duck Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by T.E.R., Dec 6, 2009.

1. T.E.R.

T.E.R. Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Cantonment, FL 32533
    How does everyone incubate duck eggs, i am getting ready to try this and wanted some opinions.
    Thanks,
    Tony

2. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    in a incubator, lol.

But seriously I did hatch a few this summer so I just made the humidity higher than chicken eggs, turn them 2-3 times a day and thatw as it. I didn't mist them either. But don't listen to me because I only got 1 out of 6 eggs to hatch.

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    I just put 6 indian runner duck eggs in the incubator yesterday with chicken eggs...I am crossing my finger they will hatch. This year I have been using the "dry incubation" method. Will see how ducks eggs do using that method.

4. kysilkies

kysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Elizabethtown, KY
    We just put 3 Pekin/Khaki eggs in lockdown today, our first ducks via eggs(we have 4 Muscovies we bought day old so we didn't stare at the eggs hehe

Here are the directions we followed from the person who sold them to us:

"Ok for my incubating I have fans in my bators, so I keep the temp around 99.5, the humidity should be around 50% till day 25 then eggs stop being turned and humidity goes up to about 60-70% . they should hatch between day 27 and 30. Never let your temp get above 103 that will kill the embryos."

5. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    If at all possible put them under a muscovy! They will do better than any incubator.

6. farmin'chick

farmin'chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Rocky Mount VA
    I incubated my duck eggs in with my chicken eggs. Every day, I misted the duck eggs ONLY with warm water. Little Duck and Tiny Duck are now Mondo Duck and Mega Duck....LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by