Duck Eggs

DeeEinstein

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 10, 2013
I have 2 khaki cambells (sp?) and I don't know if both are females or not. One has taken up nesting to all the eggs that are being laid and the other does nothing. This has been going on for about 2 months now and nothing has hatched. Any suggestions on how to tell if these eggs will be fertilized eggs or not?

They're not going to hatch if they're two months old, or if the other Khaki isn't a drake. Khaki eggs take about 28 days to hatch once the hen starts sitting on them. The one that sits on the nest would be female since drakes don't nest.

Newer eggs can be candled to see if they're fertile, but they won't be if you have two hens. Do both of the ducks quack, or does the other one make a kind of raspy noise? If it's the latter, it's a drake, and if it's the former, they're both hens.

The ducks are between 6-7 months old and only one is nesting. The other duck never sits in the eggs.

Then they're both females. You can dispose of the eggs you have now, or eat or possibly sell any new ones. You can't have fertile eggs if there's no drake in the picture. You should consider getting one if you want little peelings. I love Khakis
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom