Duck Emergency

She is going to the bathroom a lot like normal. Also for like for the last 5 weeks before this happened she hasn't laid an egg because I think she's in a molt. If she's going to the bathroom does that mean there isn't an egg stuck in her???

They *can* still poop with a stuck egg, but if they can't, it's life threatening and needs to be dealt with ASAP.

-Kathy

I often wash it so it doesn't dry out and try to keep it clean, Will it go back in on its own or will it need help?

I often wash it so it doesn't dry out and try to keep it clean, Will it go back in on its own or will it need help?
It won't ever go back in if there is an egg trapped inside. Grab an egg that she laid and hold it next to the lump to see if it's the right size for an egg.

-Kathy

You will likely need help, especially since you initially tried to pull it out as you said in the original post. I really think you need to see a vet to help put it back into place.

You will likely need help, especially since you initially tried to pull it out as you said in the original post. I really think you need to see a vet to help put it back into place.
I agree, Amiga had a duck get a prolapse and the vet put it back in and stitched it up to keep it in. This one on your duck has been out a long time now. Have you examined it to feel for an egg?

This happened o me with one of my chickens! She didn't make it, bu I do hope your duck makes i. If you have a vet bring your duck to it if you can fix it yourself, because in the end, my chicken ended up with maggots, and it was not pretty, nor was it a good way for my hen to go down. Good luck!

If possible get to a vet. It does look like there could be an egg. It may not have a shell, so if you are looking for a hard lump, you would not feel it - it would flex just like the tissue. See if you can find the opening and lubricate it to see if you can get something out.

Back
Top Bottom