Duck eyes FOAMY?

clucksnducklins

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2022
A few weeks ago my rooster must've attacked my duck.. around both of his eyes (eyelids?) were red and now weeks later they are foamy... He has been getting picked on a lot by the other ducks n is missing feathers around his eyes so I have him isolated in his own pen.. What can I do to help him? His eyes foam back up instantly after I spray him with the hose.. Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20231207_145713911.jpg
    IMG_20231207_145713911.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20231207_145643869.jpg
    IMG_20231207_145643869.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 13
It is definitely infected like @picklestheduck mentioned. That is great that you separated him. I would rinse his eye out with Luke warm saline 3-4 times a day. You can make it yourself or get some vetericyn eye wash. This will help soothe the eye and wash any gunk in that is in the eye. After rinsing the eye out, I would treat it with terramycin. Bacitracin will work too if you can't get terramycin. Neosporin polymyxin B is another option as well.

Poor baby. I agree with @Jenbirdee treat asap too he really needs the help.
Make sure he has a deep bowl or bucket he can really wash his eyes out in. Also ACV with mother is a good way to kill some bacteria and help with healing 1-2 Tablespoon to 1 gallon of water. It won't sting I tried it to make sure. Let him wash his face as often as he wants.

A few weeks ago my rooster must've attacked my duck.. around both of his eyes (eyelids?) were red and now weeks later they are foamy... He has been getting picked on a lot by the other ducks n is missing feathers around his eyes so I have him isolated in his own pen.. What can I do to help him? His eyes foam back up instantly after I spray him with the hose.. Any advice is appreciated!
I have never saw this before! I would assume it's an infection and see if you can phone a vet or someone.

Back
Top Bottom