Duck feed - online?

I'm going to have to call them, they're an hour drive away and I don't want to go all the way there for nothing - and they're a bunch of fools that work there.... they know NOTHING.... (an older guy told me once, OH its fine to feed ducks the medicated starter!!!!)

I can't find anything but outrageous starter "kits" at the hatcheries on line

You should be able to find a simple game bird starter or grower somewhere close to you. It is very common feed. I can't imagine having this much trouble finding feed for birds. I hope you find some tomorrow. If not don't fret. Remember lots of chopped greens, some yogurt, you can get through a couple days until you can find nonmedicated or game feed.

big_smile.png
I seriously live in the middle of nowhere..... it has its pro's and con's...
big_smile.png

I probably won't need it till the end of this week, hence my hurried search now......... in a pinch I will drive, but sometimes - ok MOST times its cheaper to get something shipped than to go (GAS) drive and get it.

There is a feed store about half an hour from us, I've never been there, its known to be expensive. Then our regular store and hour away (Orshleins...)

Quote:
Yes she does, and for her geese - I'm going to have to go with that, unless I can get to a feed store today - but I'm working and then have to take kids to baseball.

Would regular poultry feed harm them? I have a general poultry feed that my chickens get.

I'll post pictures tomorrow if they get here - they're shipping today, I think they'll get here first thing in the morning.
big_smile.png

As long as it is not medicated it is fine for the ducks for now. Give them a shake of brewers yeast to up the niacin content.

I have ducks (silver appleyards) and geese. The only difference between the two is that ducks are meat eaters the geese are not.

I called the feed store in the next town over, she said they have a starter for meat birds which isn't medicated - she said they have fed it to their own ducks and its fine......

Once I get done with my work (if I stop BROWSING around here
big_smile.png
) I'll pack up the kids and head on out.

Back
Top Bottom