DUCK FLIPPING OVER

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by DANNY, Apr 5, 2009.

1. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    I HAD THIS LITTLE BUTTERSCOTCH CALL DUCK AND EVERY TIME I LOOKED IN THE BROODER IT WAS LAYING ON ITS SIDE OR BACK.SO WHAT I DID WAS TOOK A PEACOCK FEATHER AND CUT 2 PIECES ABOUT 4 OR 5 INCHES LONG AND TAPED IT TO THE LEG BETWEEN THE FOOT AND THE KNEE WHERE IT IS STICKING STRAIT UP WHEN IT IS STANDING. AFTER THAT EVERY TIME HE FLIPPED OVER THE PART STICK UP FLIPPED IT BACK ON ITS FEET. I LEFT IT ON THERE FOR ABOUT A WEEK. NOW IT IS FINE WITH NO PROBL[​IMG]EMS AT ALL.

2. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Way to think through the biomechanics and improvise an effective solution [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    WHAT'S BIOMECHANICS? HA HA. I AM JUST NOT THAT SMART. IT'S JUST THAT WHEN YOU SEE A LITTLE BIRD IN TROUBLE LIKE THAT YOU HAVE TO TRY EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING TO HELP.

4. lickskillet

lickskillet *Home of the Shoveler*

Jan 16, 2009
    Kentucky
    That's AWESOME! Well done! Duckie crutches:) I know it was not as cooley worded as ivan3 lol, but really SUPER job!![​IMG]

5. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    CAN I SEE ANOTHER PIC ON HOW IT WAS PUT TOGETHER I HAVE A CHICK WHO IS LIKE THT I THINK

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by