Duck/Goose Hybrid

Muscovy ducks and geese can't breed. My brother has buff geese and i have muscovies and they don't get. plus the male muscovy can't get his reproductive organ in the goose because it slips out from the female basing to big of a duct. and the male goose can't mate with a female muscovy since he would crush her and pretty much scar her oviduct if inserted and she lives.

Muscovy ducks and geese can't breed. My brother has buff geese and i have muscovies and they don't get. plus the male muscovy can't get his reproductive organ in the goose because it slips out from the female basing to big of a duct. and the male goose can't mate with a female muscovy since he would crush her and pretty much scar her oviduct if inserted and she lives.
Yeah, that all makes sense other than the goose crushing the muscovy, my muscovy drake weighs 23lbs and my goose weighs less than 15lbs.....so that would almost be a relief to the hen

People on these threads have had ganders that mated muscovy hens for years, no problems.
I´ve had muscovy drakes try to mount geese, but the geese think they´re far too ugly and take off!
lol.png

People on these threads have had ganders that mated muscovy hens for years, no problems. 
I´ve had muscovy drakes try to mount geese, but the geese think they´re far too ugly and take off!  :lol:

My three ganders also like my quackers, lol.

-Kathy

Two are white and one is gray. No idea what breed they are, lol.

-Kathy
How long have you had them? Do they squabble between themselves?
I have a number of geese and ganders, and I have a pair of ganders that have made a little gang. Right little thugs they are, too. They stick together, they both have mates, more or less, but these two males go around like the Mafia, so funny. They squalk when I go near the nests, but only hiss and then run away. Daft birds.

Back
Top Bottom