Duck/Goose Hybrid

Oh no!
sad.png
darn it!

Well I hope the ones in the bator do better!
smile.png
Me too!

I subscribed, I'm really interested in if you have any hatches in the future. We rescued a duck around Easter, and thought it was a female from sound and size. (Pekin) We then decided we would buy a Sebastopol (My mom wanted one really bad) to be "her" companion. Though, the goose died two days after from what we imagine was Pneomonia and then he aspirated food. I really want a female Sebbie now (because I think Frosty is a drake...) so that Frosty doesn't have to live alone anymore. He gets to play with the ducklings a couple times a week, but they'll be living at my g-mas pond in a month or two.

I subscribed, I'm really interested in if you have any hatches in the future. We rescued a duck around Easter, and thought it was a female from sound and size. (Pekin) We then decided we would buy a Sebastopol (My mom wanted one really bad) to be "her" companion. Though, the goose died two days after from what we imagine was Pneomonia and then he aspirated food. I really want a female Sebbie now (because I think Frosty is a drake...) so that Frosty doesn't have to live alone anymore. He gets to play with the ducklings a couple times a week, but they'll be living at my g-mas pond in a month or two.
Awe :( Sorry to her about your goose! If your duck is a female, is should have an obvious quack, and a male will have a raspy noise.....Females will sound exaclty like you would expect a duck to sound

Hi Poultry Queen. Sorry to hear about your Sebastopol.
I really would advise against getting a Seb female as company for your drake, though. You´re better of keeping 5 of the female ducklings as companions. And maybe later get a pair of Sebastopols that can be kept separately if necessary, as drakes are generally excessively randy and a poor goose may not be able to cope. That´s why it´s good to have at least 5 ducks with them.
There´s a breeder of Sebs on here, Ruru..find her on the Sebastopol thread and ask her for her opinion on it?

Hi Poultry Queen. Sorry to hear about your Sebastopol.
I really would advise against getting a Seb female as company for your drake, though. You´re better of keeping 5 of the female ducklings as companions. And maybe later get a pair of Sebastopols that can be kept separately if necessary, as drakes are generally excessively randy and a poor goose may not be able to cope. That´s why it´s good to have at least 5 ducks with them.
There´s a breeder of Sebs on here, Ruru..find her on the Sebastopol thread and ask her for her opinion on it?
She's quoted me before. Breeder of Oliver the Diapered Goose right?

But yeah...the muscovies and magpies are going to my gmas, there's only 7.

Look a duck and a goose cannot mate together . It's like when a girl gets pregnant then miscarried the egg will never hatch the two genetic makeups are too diffrent to have living offspring , but I actually am rooting for you :yesss:

I think of one dies hatch it's a great anomaly and scientist would love to hear about it you'd become like famous .

Back
Top Bottom