Duck harness??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
As soon as I find a good sturdy basket for my bike, I was thinking of riding around my town with Colonel in the basket.
I was also wanting to possibly get him a harness so that he doesn't attempt to escape.

Please understand that his safety is my top priority, which is why I want to get him a harness so that he doesn't get out of the basket. I also want you all to know that this was my original plan for him after we rescued him so that he wouldn't get lonely if I went out bike riding but then I had decided to get him a female.
I completely understand some of you feel I shouldn't take him anywhere but the reason I want to do this, is to get him use to the noise of the town in case I take him to our local feed store since they allow all kinds of pets. Plus, this also helps in case I take him to the bird vet so that he doesn't freak out when the harness is put on.

What type of harness would be great for ducks?

I’m looking for a harness for my guy as well! I think it’s great that you want to take him out and about! I bring my guy to work with me (horse farm) and he seems to really enjoy the activity, he doesn’t mind the car at all and never seems stressed, he’s just always poking his head out of his bin watching everything around him. Since he’s an indoor duck I like to give him as much outside activity as possible. I haven’t been able to find a harness for him, but really want too soon so he can play in the water at my house.

I’m looking for a harness for my guy as well! I think it’s great that you want to take him out and about! I bring my guy to work with me (horse farm) and he seems to really enjoy the activity, he doesn’t mind the car at all and never seems stressed, he’s just always poking his head out of his bin watching everything around him. Since he’s an indoor duck I like to give him as much outside activity as possible. I haven’t been able to find a harness for him, but really want too soon so he can play in the water at my house.
As soon as I find a good sturdy basket for my bike, I was thinking of riding around my town with Colonel in the basket.
I was also wanting to possibly get him a harness so that he doesn't attempt to escape.

Please understand that his safety is my top priority, which is why I want to get him a harness so that he doesn't get out of the basket. I also want you all to know that this was my original plan for him after we rescued him so that he wouldn't get lonely if I went out bike riding but then I had decided to get him a female.
I completely understand some of you feel I shouldn't take him anywhere but the reason I want to do this, is to get him use to the noise of the town in case I take him to our local feed store since they allow all kinds of pets. Plus, this also helps in case I take him to the bird vet so that he doesn't freak out when the harness is put on.

What type of harness would be great for ducks?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HHS58JJ/?tag=backy-20
I bought this harness and the ducks don't seem to mind it. The only problem is I have one harness and six ducks so they freak out when they're not together.

Back
Top Bottom