Duck has been limping

coolguy221822

Songster
6 Years
Apr 7, 2015
My male pekin had a minor leg injury 2 weeks ago, and he has been limping ever since. It is limping bad, and he is very reluctant to move. He has gotten really dirty from sitting down all the time and he is not acting like himself. What sould i do. I have Nutri drench, antibiotics, and beta-dine to clean out the wound. Thank you.

You don't say much about the would, but I would draw him a clean bath, maybe with Epsom salts, soak his leg, clean him up, dry him off, dress the wound and if his leg is hot, find the correct kind and dose of antibiotics and administer them. Keep him in a clean dry place and redress the wound as neccessary.

Anybody else?

You don't say much about the would, but I would draw him a clean bath, maybe with Epsom salts, soak his leg, clean him up, dry him off, dress the wound and if his leg is hot, find the correct kind and dose of antibiotics and administer them. Keep him in a clean dry place and redress the wound as neccessary.

Anybody else?

Sorry i did not elaborate on the wound. He got cut by something in his cage. It could have been chicken wire, but i dont know. It almost fully healed, so i dont know what is causing his limping.

Depending how deep of a cut, I imagine it could still be tender, but I'll let the duck experts chime in. I'm a people nurse, but wound care is wound care. Could he have got his leg stuck and cut it and possibly wrenched it trying to get free? Sort of like a human sprain.

Depending how deep of a cut, I imagine it could still be tender, but I'll let the duck experts chime in. I'm a people nurse, but wound care is wound care. Could he have got his leg stuck and cut it and possibly wrenched it trying to get free? Sort of like a human sprain.

Im not really sure, as other family members were taking care of him when it happened. Maybe though. Thank for the help. I will probably give him some durmacyin

My duck limped when she had a bumble.ci treated the humbled foot and the limp went away.

A good bath and swim can go a long way to lifting his spirits and letting you see how it uses the leg while it swims.

My duck limped when she had a bumble.ci treated the humbled foot and the limp went away.

A good bath and swim can go a long way to lifting his spirits and letting you see how it uses the leg while it swims.
ok, i get there big pool filed up tommarow

I'm no expert but I'd say he might have pulled some muscles or tendons during the injury. I would keep him confined and epsom salt soaks 2-3x daily so he can heal on the inside.

is it possible to do some sort of water therapy?

Back
Top Bottom