1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck has sore eye and not eating

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nicola123, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Nicola123

Nicola123 New Egg

Feb 29, 2016
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and to ducks really and I need some advice. We have 2 Cherry Valleys and 2 khaki Campbells and recently after coming home from our honeymoon I realised that one of the CVs has a sore eye, it's dark and looks like there is a circle around the eye. While we were away my sister was looking after them and I am not sure she managed to get clean water in their bath as it has been snowing/freezing. Their house also was damp but I have spent all morning cleaning their bath and house, I put the GoPro on them as they don't really like me being around, once I watched back I noticed that the duck was the first in the pool splashing but got pecked out by the others and then she preened herself for a while, but then just sat on the ground sleeping all morning. She didn't eat or go back in the pool once it was empty of the others.

Not sure if I am over reacting but we have never had ducks before and I really don't want her to be suffering.

Thank you

Nicola[​IMG]

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I'd suggest posting this in the "duck" section (go to Forum Nav and scroll down until you see "duck" and post your question there). I hope that someone will be able to help you out.

Good luck

CT

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please post on the Duck thread or "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, " thread. I'm sorry I don't know much about ducks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by