Duck hatchery

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
Rouen, Mallard and KC= Metzers

Muscovy go on your state thread and ask around, harder to find Muscovy at hatcheries. Might even find the others on your state thread too.

Learningstill

Songster
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
Not sure if they have the breeds you seek, but we ordered our ducks from Holderread farm. All our ducklings arrived healthy.

A little side note regarding Mallards, be sure to check with your state regarding if a permit is needed to have them. My state it is required.
Best of luck with your investment!

needlessjunk

Crowing
7 Years
May 19, 2014
Georgetown, TX
Muscovies will be hard to find at a hatchery, you are better off looking for local breeders. I’ve ordered fro Ideal (local ish) and Metzer. I’ve been happy with both shipments with healthy babies.

MillersFarm

Easily distracted by Chickens
5 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Lewiston NY
The closest place i can think of is Ideal poultry
http://www.idealpoultry.com/assortment.html
Their prices are pretty low so I very strongly suggest buying sexed ducks. the Mallards and rouens are available now and the khakis will be in may. If you're also planing on buying a drake i'd suggested getting a khaki or mallard drake if you're getting all 3 breeds. A rouen drake can definitely hurt a mallard hen during breeding season.

Kessel23

Hi Bug
Feb 6, 2018
Wisconsin
I agree with everyone else in this thread, hardly any hatcheries have Muscovy ducks. their eggs are hard to incubate, and they have low hatch rates, unless set under a broody Muscovy. Also, Muscovies hardly give any eggs, a good hen in my climate gives me 90 a year. And it is near impossible to keep large scale breeding flocks of muscovies because the hens would constantly be going broody. The Muscovy is a struggle for hatcheries!
I love Moscovies, I get mine from local breeders, swap meets, and poultry shows.

Top Bottom