Duck house colors?

i made an account to chime in here because i think this is an interesting discussion, though i realise your project may already be done.

ducks, like a lot of birds, can see more of the spectrum of light than we can; they can see into ultraviolet wavelengths. so, the way they perceive color is probably not anything we can ever try to really grasp! beyond the fact that it’s probably very good :)

i’d imagine that on the water, if you live somewhere it gets very warm, you will want a color that’s light enough to reflect light so that it doesn’t cook their house during summertime. likewise, if you live somewhere very cool, a darker color will absorb more light and be warmer.

the last thing i’d consider is what their natural behavior and habitat looks like. i imagine that in a natural setting, wild ducks nesting on water do so amongst reeds and rushes and such vegetation. perhaps a color that is similar to those would give them the most psychological benefit?

i hope your birds like their new house!!

i made an account to chime in here because i think this is an interesting discussion, though i realise your project may already be done.

ducks, like a lot of birds, can see more of the spectrum of light than we can; they can see into ultraviolet wavelengths. so, the way they perceive color is probably not anything we can ever try to really grasp! beyond the fact that it’s probably very good :)

i’d imagine that on the water, if you live somewhere it gets very warm, you will want a color that’s light enough to reflect light so that it doesn’t cook their house during summertime. likewise, if you live somewhere very cool, a darker color will absorb more light and be warmer.

the last thing i’d consider is what their natural behavior and habitat looks like. i imagine that in a natural setting, wild ducks nesting on water do so amongst reeds and rushes and such vegetation. perhaps a color that is similar to those would give them the most psychological benefit?

i hope your birds like their new house
:goodpost::welcome

Back
Top Bottom