Duck house/coop questions...please help

Keleigh

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Ferrum
Hi, newbie here!!

I have a small farm where we raise chickens, ducks, turkeys and pygmy goats. I have four ducks that are living in my chicken "emporium" right now. I have to call it an emporium because of the large variety of chickens and its too big to call a coop. I have noticed that my male ducks are beginning to take a liking to some of my female chickens...which is making my husband fear that we will soon be having "duckins" walking around...lol.

We have a rather large pond on our property which has some fish in it, but otherwise is not being used. I would love to move my ducks to my pond, but I'm not sure about how to keep them there. I tried moving them last summer, but they kept comming back to the chicken emporium.

I also have two dogs, that love to "play" with my other animals. There have been a few times when they have played too rough, if you know what I mean.

So, I figured that I need to build a pen of some sort near my pond where my ducks can be safe, but still be able to come and go to get into the water.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that you guys might have.

Thanks so much!!

Quote:
My ducks just love our pond; my husband built a duck house to put in the middle to keep them safe at night from foxes, however, they prefer to sit on a log. I feed them down by the pond to keep them there and they do not wander. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom