duck house- need inspiration

siobhan89

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 27, 2012
I'm making a new 2 tier house for my ducks, the house is about 110 high (120 inc the feet) and rather than making a small door on the bottom floor for them i'm hinging the whole front panel so i can open it to get to both levels for cleaning out. My worry is that is just looks strange with no obvious roof so i want some ideas on that i can do to the front of the house to break it up a bit so the front looks mor like duck manor than giant box (which it is but still)
It's brown with a flat blue spotted roof- any ideas?

Sounds nice, siobhan89,

I have a "Dutch door" on the side of our ducks' summer cottage. (long story).

Here is a photo of it. We can get a bunch of snow here, so that's why the roof slanted toward the direction of prevailing winter winds. Works a treat.

How are you providing for good ventilation? What kind of predators are in your area?

And

welcome-byc.gif

in case I have not yet said so.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your reply.
There is 2 gaps at the back so it won't let in rain (the back is close to a wall) but will allow air in. They are free range during the day, the house is just a bed.
I'm in the uk so the only real threats are cats and foxes but we are in quite a built up area so you don't even see many foxes.
I'v just looked back at my first post and realised how many typo's there are...oops, sorry about that.
Your house is lovely

Back
Top Bottom