Duck House/Pond Page Contest Spring/Summer 2012 - $20 BYC Store Gift Certificate

Here's a picture of the boys working on our pond in preparation for moving Daffy and the Daisy Ducks! I will post pictures of the ducks and the pond as the work progresses!

my neighbor just got two Muscovy ducks, we live in New England and I was wondering what kind of coop do the ducks need??? how big and do they need heat in the winter??

I was referring to the female ducks as hens. LOL...are they called something different?
idunno.gif
Well the loss is just as awful. I never thought about a hen as a duck because I usually have just chickens. I find it odd he'd do that to the girls????

my neighbor just got two Muscovy ducks, we live in New England and I was wondering what kind of coop do the ducks need??? how big and do they need heat in the winter??
If you give them ample shelter, you don't need heat for them. They know how to snuggle down to keep warm. DO keep some fresh straw in the duck house for them.
My duck house is 4 feet by 3 feet and plenty big enough for them to all go in and snuggle down. However, they stayed out all winter except for about 4 of the coldest days. Muscovies are pretty hardy ducks too.

This sounds like a fun contest as i'm about to build my ducks their winter home :) BUT being a new owner of ducks or any fowl for that matter I can't tell which are the males and which are the females I turn them over and it all looks the same lol.
right now my ducks free range and i have temp fence that i move around every week so (or so i thought) I don't have to mow..
I thought (my bad I guess) that the ducks (9) would bond with me or at least not look at me and run quacking THE MONSTER IS COMING THE MONSTER.... Stupid ducks I raised them from chicks and they still refuse to acknowledge me except to run for their lives everytime they see me

This sounds like a fun contest as i'm about to build my ducks their winter home :) BUT being a new owner of ducks or any fowl for that matter I can't tell which are the males and which are the females I turn them over and it all looks the same lol.
right now my ducks free range and i have temp fence that i move around every week so (or so i thought) I don't have to mow..
I thought (my bad I guess) that the ducks (9) would bond with me or at least not look at me and run quacking THE MONSTER IS COMING THE MONSTER.... Stupid ducks I raised them from chicks and they still refuse to acknowledge me except to run for their lives everytime they see me
Boy do I get that--we raised our two pekins from tiny ducklings and were very, very, very good to them. You would have thought they came from an abusive home the way they act. Right now one is sitting on eggs & she growls at me when I go to check on her. Food, clean water & a nice nesting box? What's the fear?????

Back
Top Bottom