Duck Houses

Pics

This is what I plan to keep the in until they out grow it. We live on a lake, so they can use that for swimming!

I have a fenced in orchard with fruit trees and blueberry bushes. I have been thinking about putting some ducks in there to be my "lawn mowers." Do you know if they will leave my blueberry bushes alone? The area is about 1500 sf. Thank you for your help. Maureenie

I have a pond behind house and i would like to take my ducks there to live but i am worried about predators getting them because they have been inside except going out with me their whole lives. They're about fully grown I'd say. Their wrong feathers just came in and the rest are all in. I just want to put them at the pond which is kind of a walk but i think they'll be much happier down there in nature than in my basement. I just don't want them to get eaten. Not sure what to do. HELP! What do i need to do to keep them alive. I have khaki campbell ducks. Both girls. Can they fly and what is their defense? They won't come to me or follow me and seem scared of me and everything. I dunno what to do so i figure they'll feel better being at the pond.

here is our set up for the ducks.i used to let them run the property but i could not keep the waterers full for the chickens so we fenced them in.it is a big space for them with trees,dirt and a pool.

the house has hinges on one side to lift is up and over with a stump on the otherside to set the house on when flipped up for easy cleaning.
Id like to give the trim a paint job to jazz it up a bit.

fencing

We don't have a duck house for ours but they have a floating platform out on the water, the trouble is they haven't found it yet or won't swim out to it to use. They stay around the shore and won't swim out very much onto the pond. Any suggestions on helping the ducks get used to the pond and enjoying their freedom?

This picture shows the ducks on the very fist day I turned them out, they found the muddiest spot and just loved it.
roll.png

I love to see all the ideas. I am gonna start to build my duck house and pen this weekend. Ducklings are getting to big for the house so I will move them to there temp set up outside for a little while until the final set up is complete. Ill post pics along the way.

Back
Top Bottom