Duck Identification Book ~~~~??

Hattiegun

Songster
Oct 30, 2009
Twin Lakes, Iowa (Manson)
Anyone know of a really nice Duck Identification book (wild) and (domestic) with real life photos.?? Ive done alittle searching and cant find a really nice one.?

Thanks Kris

Featherland

Songster
Dec 28, 2007
Missouri
My "National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds" Eastern Region has a nice section with good pictures of wild ducks for identification. I have another field guide that is good too although I cannot find it right now to tell you the tittle. I don't think I have ever seen a book with both wild and domestic ducks though.

desertdarlene

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
San Diego
I agree, the Field Guide to North American birds is great as is the regional versions of this book, especially for wild ducks. I'm not entirely sure if it's the best for domestic breeds, though.

KansasKid

Songster
Feb 7, 2010
South East Kansas
If you want one to identify most wild north american birds you should be able to go into walmart, pick up a hunting regulation and season booklet found in the hunting department and flip through to the waterfowl seasons and somewhere around there is a phone number to order a free duck identification booklet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom