Duck injured by owl need help

So does he just need time for the air sac to heal or we don't know if it's nerve damage? I had a hen that had a nerve injury to her leg and she could not walk for a couple months and one day she just started walking again.
the vet said the air sac looked deformed and that there was probably a small hole from the owls claw. there is potential nerve damage but we arent sure. ive been trying to keep him off of his feet as much as possible but he just kept wanting to walk. that is why the hammock for the duck works out perfect.

I think you are doing a fantastic job with your duck! He looks pretty content and not distressed by what I could see. I'm sure he must be a bit frustrated but I will bet that with time he will recover. Nerve damage takes time to heal as does the air sac issue.

Do get some of that B-complex that @Miss Lydia suggested because its just plain good for him and will help in healing. You can get it a Tractor Supply and you'll want to put 1 ml over a treat that he will eat right up. You can do it a couple of times a day. I wouldn't put it in his water though because it gets too diluted in my opinion. Better that he gets the full dose on treats. Here is what the bottle looks like and although it says "injectable" it can be given orally.

You should be very proud of youself for taking such good care of your duck!
IMG_0216.JPG

I think you are doing a fantastic job with your duck! He looks pretty content and not distressed by what I could see. I'm sure he must be a bit frustrated but I will bet that with time he will recover. Nerve damage takes time to heal as does the air sac issue.

Do get some of that B-complex that @Miss Lydia suggested because its just plain good for him and will help in healing. You can get it a Tractor Supply and you'll want to put 1 ml over a treat that he will eat right up. You can do it a couple of times a day. I wouldn't put it in his water though because it gets too diluted in my opinion. Better that he gets the full dose on treats. Here is what the bottle looks like and although it says "injectable" it can be given orally.

You should be very proud of youself for taking such good care of your duck!
View attachment 2030904
thank you guys so much it means a lot. i love my little duckies and would do anything for them lol. i picked him up today and he attempted to fly which is something he hasnt done yet. i will look into the B complex thank you for the suggestions!!😁😁

thank you guys so much it means a lot. i love my little duckies and would do anything for them lol. i picked him up today and he attempted to fly which is something he hasnt done yet. i will look into the B complex thank you for the suggestions!!😁😁
Hey guys its a nice day out so i moved the duck bin outside and hes been there pretty much all day. ive been working in the garage keeping an eye on him but noticed he had blood coming from his nose. Not much at all but whenever i give him water he always sneezes in it and even when he is just sitting there he sneezes more in general. When the owl got him it seemed to scratch his beak up a bit but was never bleeding until today (about a week and couple days after accident). I wonder if the scratched beak caused a blockage in his nostrils and thats why he keeps sneezing. He is also getting a little more balanced so hes been scratching himself in the face because it itches. Maybe he clipped his nose on accident?? let me know anything you would do or what you know thanks!!

Hey guys its a nice day out so i moved the duck bin outside and hes been there pretty much all day. ive been working in the garage keeping an eye on him but noticed he had blood coming from his nose. Not much at all but whenever i give him water he always sneezes in it and even when he is just sitting there he sneezes more in general. When the owl got him it seemed to scratch his beak up a bit but was never bleeding until today (about a week and couple days after accident). I wonder if the scratched beak caused a blockage in his nostrils and thats why he keeps sneezing. He is also getting a little more balanced so hes been scratching himself in the face because it itches. Maybe he clipped his nose on accident?? let me know anything you would do or what you know thanks!!
@Miss Lydia @casportpony can you help with this?

Back
Top Bottom