Duck injury question

I don't think she likes the apple sauce I can tell she put her face in it though. She still sounds stuffy nothing is coming out of her nose though but I still see some stuff inside. She's definitely drinking the water mixed with acv. I put neosporin on the whole patch of missing feathers and the cut. I really wish she would eat something, I think she's been slowly eating though.

Something like Poultry Nutri Drench in the water, or soak some oats in four times the amount of water as oats and see if she will drink from that. She may even eat the oats at the bottom of the bowl.

Something like Poultry Nutri Drench in the water, or soak some oats in four times the amount of water as oats and see if she will drink from that. She may even eat the oats at the bottom of the bowl.
This would be worth a try, I think I mentioned PND back at the beginning, if you decide to try it don't mix it with the ACV give one one day the other the next when you give fresh water. Does she feel skinny like in her breast bone is it sticking out?

Nope I didn't mention the Poultry Nutri drench very sorry it is good stuff so if you can get some it will help support her till she is back to her old self.

Thanks guys I'll go out and get more goodies! I tried watermelon in the water and it worked a little bit. She doesn't feel skinny nothing is sticking out either, I thought maybe she was depressed because I have only one other duck (he's a male duck and long story short he was either dumped or lost on my property I couldn't find his owners). I put a bandage on her neck to protect her and brought him inside. He's been freaking out without her. She was so happy to see him. They're in a extra large dog kennel so there's plenty of space to cuddle! I'm still going to let her take baths by herself, I thought maybe he would help her eat. Is this a bad idea, does she even need the bandage?

We tried organic unsweetened applesauce today and bananas yesterday I think she didn't like the mushiness. She did like the watermelon but she would only eat it when it was bath time. She has a nice deep dish in her cage I do know why she's being so picky! I'm going to tractor supply tomorrow to buy her things, I'm going to get mealworms like miss Lydia said before it might inspire her. I'll see what else I can find tomorrow! Thanks again guys for the helpful responses!

hugs.gif

Thanks guys I'll go out and get more goodies! I tried watermelon in the water and it worked a little bit. She doesn't feel skinny nothing is sticking out either, I thought maybe she was depressed because I have only one other duck (he's a male duck and long story short he was either dumped or lost on my property I couldn't find his owners). I put a bandage on her neck to protect her and brought him inside. He's been freaking out without her. She was so happy to see him. They're in a extra large dog kennel so there's plenty of space to cuddle! I'm still going to let her take baths by herself, I thought maybe he would help her eat. Is this a bad idea, does she even need the bandage?
I'm glad to hear she has a mate since you have never mentioned one i didn't even ask, maybe he'll perk her up but I'd watch him if her neck injury is noticeable when my duck had her blood feather pulled out her drake started messing with it right off. So I sprayed it with Blue Kote and he never noticed it again. My ducks love meal worms toss a few in her bath water to get her use to them, She'll most likely beg for more. If you pick up Blue Kote at TSC do not spray inside your house or wear good clothes this stuff works great but makes everything it touches purple, hence the reason it disguises wounds so well.

Back
Top Bottom