Duck injury question

That's it matter of fact that is where I ordered just because TSC is 25mile from me one way.

Yeah, it's about 15 miles one way for me, and our little co-op doesn't have much at all in the way of poultry supplies. Plenty of stuff for horses and cows, but not much else. I order everything from Amazon anyway, I live in the boonies and it's just easier to have UPS bring things to my door. :D

Yeah, it's about 15 miles one way for me, and our little co-op doesn't have much at all in the way of poultry supplies. Plenty of stuff for horses and cows, but not much else. I order everything from Amazon anyway, I live in the boonies and it's just easier to have UPS bring things to my door. :D
Me too and after $35.00 free shipping
smile.png

He is a very sassy duck! He also seems to be drinking a lot of her water, I might have to give her separate drinking times. They're also eating, but I'm sure he's doing a lot of the eating. I got oats today and mealworms hopefully she likes them. She seems to be doing good and she sounds better. Looks like I'll be doing some shopping on amazon! My TS is also about 15 miles away from me, but its by all the places I shop we don't have any good grocery stores near my house! I made the lady look it up on the computer and it said they had two. But she swore that they had none and probably didn't really look either. They didn't have the blu-kote, but they did have a spray called PoultryAid. It's supposed to help with small wounds, but it was $18 bucks!!! I think I'm going to stick with the Neosporin! I'm not happy with TS lately anything I need is sold out and you can't order it! I ended up buying duvet vitamins and electrolytes its for livestock and poultry, do you think thats good enough? Does the nutri drench ever expire? I would like to get that too if it lasts long. Anything else you guys think I should get them?

Heres a picture of them! I think he ate most of the food today and he's also a messy drinker he like to splash water everywhere! His head is also blocking her neck wound.

Last edited:
Heres a picture of them! I think he ate most of the food today and he's also a messy drinker he like to splash water everywhere! His head is also blocking her neck wound.

They are so pretty. I hope she likes the meal worms I would be surprised if she didn't. Another thing she might like is thawed lil English peas. Mine love them too but meal worms is diff the favorite, of course they are also the most expensive. lol

Glad to hear she is doing so good and sounding better, maybe he is very hungry because the hens haven't let him eat. Hen pecked?? any way I have 2 bottles of PND my 1 qt doesn't have an expiration date or it's been rubbed off my smaller bottle 4oz says 6/16 so it last quite a while, I use this on all my flock which is chickens ducks and geese.
Blue kote is very inexpensive compared to other things especially the poultry aid you just mentioned I think I paid about 6- 8 dollars for my bottle this last time it came with a dauber which is better than spray. Duvet is a good poultry vitamin. Seen any signs of pred coming back since you reinforced your pen?

I never even thought of that, I noticed that he pushes the hens away with his bill to get what he wants! He definitely doesn't like to share the water! I've never seen the hens really bother him, but anythings possible! I haven't seen any signs of predators. We have a lot of snow here, and I couldn't find any tracks or evidence when the attack happened. I searched the whole area not even one footprint, I'm guessing it came through the trees and found a small gap to get through. I really don't know what it could of been. Thats a long time I'll definitely buy some, and I'll have to get some blu-kote while I'm at at!

I never even thought of that, I noticed that he pushes the hens away with his bill to get what he wants! He definitely doesn't like to share the water! I've never seen the hens really bother him, but anythings possible! I haven't seen any signs of predators. We have a lot of snow here, and I couldn't find any tracks or evidence when the attack happened. I searched the whole area not even one footprint, I'm guessing it came through the trees and found a small gap to get through. I really don't know what it could of been. Thats a long time I'll definitely buy some, and I'll have to get some blu-kote while I'm at at!
Have you ever seen your drake trying to mate with your hens? some drakes can be relentless when it comes to mating and can kill chickens if they mate with them. Just wanted you to be aware of this. I have 3 drakes that are of breeding age and 1 old drake who has the desire most likely but can't anymore lol and they have never tried to mate with my hens but I have 9 ducks to give the boys plenty to keep them busy. Just wanted to give you a heads up if you haven't had your drake in a breeding season yet. My ducks and chickens don't sleep in the same house together either

I have a few large fowl hens who can push my big Muscovy drakes around so I know they can intimidate the ducks My lil game bamtan rooster can jump at my ducks and they back away. Only ones he can't scare are my geese.

I'm glad your pred hasn't been back so many preds out there that can sneak into our pens and houses, mink and weasel are suppose to be able to squeeze tru 1" holes pretty scarey .Hope what ever visited ya'll doesn't come back.

I hope so too, I've had issues with minks before and they're quick buggers to. I have heard of that but thankfully I haven't seen it. My drake seems to only focus on the female. I wish I had more background information on him, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't raised with chickens he really doesn't like them at all. He likes to keep his distance but he doesn't let them boss him around. Maybe I'll have to get more ducks and build a separate house for them ;)

I hope so too, I've had issues with minks before and they're quick buggers to. I have heard of that but thankfully I haven't seen it. My drake seems to only focus on the female. I wish I had more background information on him, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't raised with chickens he really doesn't like them at all. He likes to keep his distance but he doesn't let them boss him around. Maybe I'll have to get more ducks and build a separate house for them
wink.png
Glad I was able to help ... enabling is what us BYCers like to do
wink.png
One of my drakes came from the river down below us most likely with yours someone had 1 to many drakes it happens so often it's sad. Nice to know there are people like you who have a heart to keep them and care for them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom