Duck injury question

You were a very big help! My boyfriend has had to do a lot of double takes it always seems like another bird slips through the cracks and into our coop ;) I love this website everyone on here is such a huge help! Thankfully there are people out there who takes these poor guys in and give them a home!

You were a very big help! My boyfriend has had to do a lot of double takes it always seems like another bird slips through the cracks and into our coop
wink.png
I love this website everyone on here is such a huge help! Thankfully there are people out there who takes these poor guys in and give them a home!
Keep me updated ON how your girl is doing and if by chance anymore ducks find their way "accidentally" onto your property
wink.png
lol

She's doing a lot better she still sounds a little stuffy but her nose very clear! I gave her a bath today and noticed she was doing a lot of scratching. When I took her out her neck looked HORRIFYING!!!! I took a closer look and its the dead skin coming off I was so nervous something happened. I put neosporin all over it hopefully it finishes peeling soon it looks so gross! She's drinking, eating, they like the mealworms, and watermelon! They also like the oats in their water!

She's doing a lot better she still sounds a little stuffy but her nose very clear! I gave her a bath today and noticed she was doing a lot of scratching. When I took her out her neck looked HORRIFYING!!!! I took a closer look and its the dead skin coming off I was so nervous something happened. I put neosporin all over it hopefully it finishes peeling soon it looks so gross! She's drinking, eating, they like the mealworms, and watermelon! They also like the oats in their water!

I bet that does itch and glad it's only dead skin. Are you putting ACV into their drinking water? might try that for the stuffiness. also there is a product called Vet RX that you could put around her nares. Next time sh has a bath and your holding her listen to her air sacs which would be where the lungs would be just to make sure your not hearing anything coming from them..

I don't think I've ever heard of a duck that didn't like meal worms. lol mine love water melon too.
Thanks for update.

I've been doing one day vitamins and one day acv. I definitely hear it coming from her nose. There's just a tiny bit of stuff in there. I'll definitely get the vet rx anyways to promote a healthy respiratory system. I thought there would be something wrong with her if she didn't like mealworms!! I'm Glad we're making some good progress!

I've been doing one day vitamins and one day acv. I definitely hear it coming from her nose. There's just a tiny bit of stuff in there. I'll definitely get the vet rx anyways to promote a healthy respiratory system. I thought there would be something wrong with her if she didn't like mealworms!! I'm Glad we're making some good progress!
Okay good, I believe the VetRX can also be put in the water I'd dif rub some around her nares. maybe it's just the dry air. I doubt it could be anything serious with the way she is progressing. I have some V-RX been awhile since I had to use any of it.

Back
Top Bottom