Duck Integration Information Overload

I can’t believe how late everyone is in their molts this year.
I was glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking this. I was on the verge of posting this question.
Love your set up with those flat rocks. I'm going to copy that in part of the run next spring. I bet the duckies would be very interested in looking for worms if I occasionally turned those rocks over or moved them around.

Oh yes we go worm hunting quite often. I'm forever bringing rocks up from the river. So nice to have them so close.
as for the molting usually, by now all of mine ducks and chickens are all through with their molts. Good thing those feathers are coming in we're going into the low 20's this coming week.

Ok. I have a problem. Clearly. Here's a duck who needs rehoming. The ad didn't specify male or female. I don't see the curly tail feather, but I know others can discern male and female ducks through other means.

Thoughts? I sent an email, but I am curious.
CollageMaker_20211118_175938750.jpg

The two chickens are available, too. I'm not sure I can do 3 birds, but if they are females, I'll consider it.

This owner got back to me right away. I sent another email asking about sex.

Honestly, it wouldn't be the end if the world if I ended up with a drake. I'd just have to separate my ducks and chickens. My ducks really like my chickens (they look out for them and sleep with them - so cute!), but maybe the girl duckies can visit the chickens sometimes. Haha!

Drakes should have their tail curl unless it is a very young duck. But yeah sound is the best way. I do kind of wonder if it is actually a pekin, and not a white layer or Duclair. Maybe it is just the picture, but it looks small for a Pekin.

This owner got back to me right away. I sent another email asking about sex.

Honestly, it wouldn't be the end if the world if I ended up with a drake. I'd just have to separate my ducks and chickens. My ducks really like my chickens (they look out for them and sleep with them - so cute!), but maybe the girl duckies can visit the chickens sometimes. Haha!
That is great the owner got back to right away.

Back
Top Bottom