Duck Integration Information Overload

Owner says her duck and both the chickens are female. Oooh.... I am so tempted.... Apparently, she is moving and can't take them. I definitely want the duckie if she appears healthy (she looks great in the pics, but we'll see), but the chickens....

I am cutting it kinda close with the number if birds I have. I have room, but I am nearing the minimum space per birds threshold. I hate to leave them... And they ARE bantams....

WHY???? Why do these birds have to be do addictive???!?!!?

Owner says her duck and both the chickens are female. Oooh.... I am so tempted.... Apparently, she is moving and can't take them. I definitely want the duckie if she appears healthy (she looks great in the pics, but we'll see), but the chickens....

I am cutting it kinda close with the number if birds I have. I have room, but I am nearing the minimum space per birds threshold. I hate to leave them... And they ARE bantams....

WHY???? Why do these birds have to be do addictive???!?!!?
Birds are like potato chips, you can't just have one. It is really hard to say no more.

Taking the duck and waiting to see if the chickens find homes is a reasonable way to go. How soon are they moving?
I don't know yet. I asked, but I'm waiting for a reply. I doubt she'll get back to me until tomorrow.

The duck looks smaller than a Pekin to me, too. But, gosh I love the classic white duckie look! I just know I'm going to end up with a gazillion birds.

POTATO CHIPS.

Ok. I have a problem. Clearly. Here's a duck who needs rehoming. The ad didn't specify male or female. I don't see the curly tail feather, but I know others can discern male and female ducks through other means.

Thoughts? I sent an email, but I am curious.
View attachment 2902527

The two chickens are available, too. I'm not sure I can do 3 birds, but if they are females, I'll consider it.
I vote for """"" take all 3 :thumbsup """"" The forward one is a Golden Sebright. I had one long ago that I named Phantom. The white looks slightly like my Serama. Seramas come in 3 sizes. Mine is the medium size.
The Sebright can carry herself with LF chickens with no problem. The Serama tends to stay at the bottom of the pecking order in a regular mixed flock.

Aunt Angus

If you were a lil closer I would gladly take those 2 banties off your hands. :highfive:
Other option,,, bring them to Chicago, and we can make the swap right in front of Picaso, Downtown.
1637302617422.png

I vote for """"" take all 3 :thumbsup """"" The forward one is a Golden Sebright. I had one long ago that I named Phantom. The white looks slightly like my Serama. Seramas come in 3 sizes. Mine is the medium size.
The Sebright can carry herself with LF chickens with no problem. The Serama tends to stay at the bottom of the pecking order in a regular mixed flock.
Yeah. I know I won't be able to resist. My flock is a mix of large fowl and bantam. My rooster is a Sebright. Funny thing is my Welsummer, who is kinda neurotic, is way way way at the bottom of the pecking order. I doubt any chicken *could* be lower.

Back
Top Bottom