Duck is missing

MiniflockMom

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2020
Tonight I went to feed and put the flock to bed. One of my pekin ducks is gone. No feathers nothing just gone. I have one other one who was not the dominant female is fine and usual Duckie. I know ducks dont like to be alone. What should I do? Get a duckling? Wait and see how she acts alone??
Thanks
MiniflockMom

Did she come home? maybe sitting on a nest somewhere?
She has not come home. Duckie her sister cries all day for her. With no answer I think she has been taken by something. Today I got 2 ducklings. They are in a brooder....she is "special" non dominant so not sure she would be a good mom. So I plan on taking them outside while it is hot to let them meet. Hopefully and prayerfully all goes well.

Meeting and greeting may take many days to weeks but it will happen. After all, they are flock obsessed so she will eventually accept them. Just watch in the meantime she is nice.
Very sorry about your duck being taken. Are they inside fencing or a pen?

She has not come home. Duckie her sister cries all day for her. With no answer I think she has been taken by something. Today I got 2 ducklings. They are in a brooder....she is "special" non dominant so not sure she would be a good mom. So I plan on taking them outside while it is hot to let them meet. Hopefully and prayerfully all goes well.

I'm sorry she didn't come back. :hugs
I hope everything goes well with the babies' introduction, and that your big girl isn't so lonely anymore.

I have a full full around the yard where they free range. She could not have gotten over...under...or through with out help. I'm very sad with the lonely quack of her sister wanting her to come home.
It's so sad to hear them call for their family. Hopefully she'll warm up to the ducklings quick.

Back
Top Bottom