Duck lame after thigh injection

Umm did you know what was wrong before you gave the injection stuff?
Their symptoms seemed to indicate a respiratory infection. Our gosling had something similar two weeks before that, and antibiotics helped her. But she never had a problem with her leg after her injections. I am worried about the leg being weak now

Ahh, ok. Totally forgot about auto sexing breeds, to be honest.
What are you feeding them? And is the leg swollen or hot at all?
No, leg is not hot or swollen. It happened immediately after the injection, so I am sure that it somehow caused it. They are on orschelns brand all flock.

I cant find any info anywhere on possible nerve injuries on legs after injections. I feel so bad. Going to give it in their breast from now on to avoid this happening again, even though it is a little more intimidating. Just really hope her leg recovers!

I cant find any info anywhere on possible nerve injuries on legs after injections. I feel so bad. Going to give it in their breast from now on to avoid this happening again, even though it is a little more intimidating. Just really hope her leg recovers!
I hope too 🙏😌 is it possible that the injection had hit or cut a nerve 🤔?

Did you give Tylan as the injectable? It's not supposed to be given as an injection in birds as it causes the muscle/skin to die off and go necrotic.

Back
Top Bottom