Duck molting twice in two months

KeeleyDucks

In the Brooder
Sep 13, 2023
I have a female Indian Runner who just went through a molt but her feathers stayed a yellow tint. After she grew all her new feathers I noticed she is molting again. What would cause this?

Possibly nutritional what are you feeding plus any treats and supplements?
Does she lay
What is her age?
I am in New Zealand and our ducks get fed growers pellets and kibbled maize. I also sprinkle brewers yeast in the food. They have oyster shells to eat as well for added calcium. They get peas every day and usually something green from my garden often. She is 3 years old however we rehomed her only 6 months ago so I don’t know her whole history. She does lay but occasionally she lays a soft egg or eggs with calcium spots on them.

May not be nutritional sounds like she has a good diet. Since she is molting again maybe add some extra protein to her diet to help her feathers. See if that helps and please post back. Protein can be mealworms or black soldier worm larva which has extra calcium to help with soft shell and some good quality dog or cat kibble.

May not be nutritional sounds like she has a good diet. Since she is molting again maybe add some extra protein to her diet to help her feathers. See if that helps and please post back. Protein can be mealworms or black soldier worm larva which has extra calcium to help with soft shell and some good quality dog or cat kibble.
Thank you I will try that. Do you think it would be okay to do this with all my ducks as they all get fed together and don’t have a way to just feed the one.

How often does your duck have access to swimming water? Have you looked closely to make sure she doesn't have mites or lice?
They have a pond and a bathtub that always stay clean. I haven’t noticed anything that would make me think mites or lice but I will have a look.

Back
Top Bottom