Duck Mom

duckmommy22

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2023
Hi,
I’m a duck mom. I have 5 ducks they’re a year and a half old. I have 2 Pekins, Donald and Daisy, 1 Rouen Lea, 2 khaki Campbell s Zeik and Lulu.

I have come to this website many times since I became a duck mom and it has been so helpful.

Now I really need some help. My Pekin Daisy seems to have bumblefoot and I’ve been treating her with Epson salt soaks and neosporin there were 2 on each foot. They look to be getting better accept for one big one and I’m not sure if I need to lance it to empty it? I removed the black scrabs Saturday afternoon after soaking her.

I added Friday pics that show the black scab vs today and the one foot still looks bad. My question is do I lance it and empty it?

Attachments

• IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    349.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4441.jpeg
    IMG_4441.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4477.jpeg
    IMG_4477.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to BYC membership! You probably want to post in Ducks and also in Emergencies. Best wishes with your poor duck.

Here is a helpful article about care of ducks.

To look for articles on your own:

A. Use the SEARCH button, but use the Advanced Search choice, and select ARTICLES at the top of the box. Just enter your keyword(s) and scroll through your results!

B. I find it helpful to notice the rating and reviews. All articles are by BYC members, and all the reviews/ratings are as well. The ratings help a newbie like me sort the most useful and reliable articles.

C. You can bookmark the articles or posts you think you want to refer to again using that bookmark icon at the top of articles or posts. You can find them again by clicking on your own avatar and looking at the list of bookmarks you have built up!

Welcome to BYC membership! You probably want to post in Ducks and also in Emergencies. Best wishes with your poor duck.

Here is a helpful article about care of ducks.

To look for articles on your own:

A. Use the SEARCH button, but use the Advanced Search choice, and select ARTICLES at the top of the box. Just enter your keyword(s) and scroll through your results!

B. I find it helpful to notice the rating and reviews. All articles are by BYC members, and all the reviews/ratings are as well. The ratings help a newbie like me sort the most useful and reliable articles.

C. You can bookmark the articles or posts you think you want to refer to again using that bookmark icon at the top of articles or posts. You can find them again by clicking on your own avatar and looking at the list of bookmarks you have built up!
Thank you so much. I just posted in emergency topics
Welcome to BYC! :frow
Good luck with Daisy. :hugs
thank you so much 🥰

Welcome to BYC. I've used a drawing salve in the past with excellent results. I used Prid. You can find it on Amazon if your local pharmacy doesn't carry it.
Thank you so much I’m gonna check Walgreens today to see if they have it. If not I will get it on Amazon do I use that in addition to the Epson salt?

Back
Top Bottom