Duck not acting normal please help

Nov 5, 2022
I have a two year old Pekin / possibly white layered duck. She is housed with 4 other female ducks , 5 female chickens and a female turkey they all get along never had any problems. But recently she started not moving around as much as normal she seemed to always be laying down every time I was out there . She is still eating and drinking normally. I looked at her cloaca and it seem to be very very slightly swollen and little bit of poop surrounding the immediate area not spread. I felt her abdomen and did not feel anything like an impacted egg but It’s hard to tell if she’s laying eggs because they all lay eggs in the same area. She is laying down a lot more than usual when I left them out to free range she played in the water and foraged for a little and then in roughly 10 minutes went to lay down again and sometimes it seems like it’s hard for her to stand and that’s why she’s laying down her hock joints and feet look normal and not swollen with no cuts . Also something else that’s weird is instead of standing normal she now stand straight up . Please if you have any suggestions or information I would greatly appreciate she’s the sweetest thing and it’s sad to see her going through this.

Attachments

• 49EEAECE-C428-434F-8CB2-B25A263BDB7E.jpeg
    49EEAECE-C428-434F-8CB2-B25A263BDB7E.jpeg
    750.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 2794A2E6-B9DC-4300-AF79-618E8BDD1A2E.jpeg
    2794A2E6-B9DC-4300-AF79-618E8BDD1A2E.jpeg
    626.6 KB · Views: 8
I'm so sorry no one replied to you!
I honestly don't know much about ducks.
Hopefully you can get help soon :hugs
It looks and sounds like she is not well.
Again I'm so sorry for you and your duck:hugs

I'm so sorry no one replied to you!
I honestly don't know much about ducks.
Hopefully you can get help soon :hugs
It looks and sounds like she is not well.
Again I'm so sorry for you and your duck:hugs
I think I replied wrong but either way thank you so much for replying :hugs I appreciate it ❤️

I think I replied wrong but either way thank you so much for replying :hugs I appreciate it ❤️
Aww you're welcome!
I just look for unanswered threads and try to help or at least push it up so others can see it 🥰

Back
Top Bottom