Duck Not eating?

I think at this point tube feeding might be your best bet. When one of my Runners was off her feed and just not acting right I brought her in and started her on Baytril plus tube fed her for about 5 days. I still don't know what was wrong but she responded and is thriving now.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/
your little one has gone long without food she is going to need help to get back to eating.
Thank you !! She acts completely normal and today again I got down and they are all together and she way off down stream. I personally haven’t seen her bullied or over bred but could this be what is causing her to not want to eat with the rest and to go off alone? We have one drake too many. We have 14 hens and 4 drakes but when we are with them we never see over breeding if one hen or the drakes fighting they are a pretty balanced folk from our perspective

Thank you !! She acts completely normal and today again I got down and they are all together and she way off down stream. I personally haven’t seen her bullied or over bred but could this be what is causing her to not want to eat with the rest and to go off alone? We have one drake too many. We have 14 hens and 4 drakes but when we are with them we never see over breeding if one hen or the drakes fighting they are a pretty balanced folk from our perspective
We have a khaki drake, so he’s not very big. A welsh harlequin. A little bigger than our khaki but still not huge. But we also have two blue Swedish and they are a bit bigger. Maybe she was mated and is just weak and sore from it. I’m going to sit with the dog kennel at night in the one with the rest of them. So she separate but can still see everyone and leave her penned up during day. I don’t get it because when let out she goes off alone but when I have her penned up and the other ducks come she quacks to get out and be with them. I’m just scared if she’s out and goes off alone she will venture too far and not know how to get back. Looking into the tube feeding now to start

Okayyy update! So earlier when I had went and checked on the runner duck because grabbing her and locking her up I noticed our saxony was laying by herself. At first I thought it was odd until I saw the rest of the ducks weren’t too far away and I didn’t think much of it. Fast forward to now when I went and checked on Bambi (our fawn and white) our saxony duck is in the barn laying down where she can see Bambi. She is the only duck up there. Like I said they all very well like to stick together. I had put feed in the stall and a handful of worms I picked from the ground. I looked and it seems like she had picked out all the worms. Right along I said it looks like she forages still just not eating feed. I put the saxony duck in with her and poured some meal works in and she ate infront of me !!!

So I’m thinking she just must not be a huge fan of the feed but that still does not explain her off behavior ?

I’m planning on keeping these two girls together for a few days and seeing if it brings our Fawn and white around and makes her not feel so lonely. So she sticks with the rest of the flock instead of venturing off alone

Back
Top Bottom