Duck nuzzling a chickens neck?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lemoniee, Aug 9, 2009.

1. lemoniee

lemoniee In the Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    Hi all,

Hmmmmm think i may have a little problem! uuum one of my Aylesbury ducks has started to walk up to the chickens and nuzzle its beak into the chickens neck and then move next to it as if it seems as its going to try to mate with the chicken!! [​IMG] we dont even if it is a male yet, it is making a squeeky noise compared to my khaki campbells quacking and it hasnt got a curly tail yet so im really confused!! lol all i can do is stand there and laugh at it [​IMG] daft beggar!!
    can any1 help me with this one? thx
    dont really want to see the outcome of a chicken and duck breeding! [​IMG]

x

2. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Songster

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Well, they won't make babies, but they WILL make whoopie. Lil Squeaky is a drake. That's why he doesn't quack like the girls.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've heard tell of Turduckens but ony during the holidays. [​IMG]

4. A big Aylesbury breeding a chicken, it's cute now but . . .

5. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Songster

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    You should be careful he doesn't attempt to mate. Male ducks are not like chickens, they have a male appendage and I don't know if they could hurt a chicken if they actually mated.

6. lemoniee

lemoniee In the Brooder

Jul 9, 2009
    **Update**
    I havent seen the Aylesbury try to mate the chickens this afty, bit gutted that my 2 maybe drakes as we want to have the khakis as I wanted them for egg layers not breeding!
    [​IMG]
    long hard thinking ahead [​IMG]

7. GrannySue

GrannySue Songster

Quote:My male runner has been mating with chickens for ages. None of the chickens seem to have been hurt much - except their pride and some feathers.
    P.S. He has 4 ducks of his own but "learned" with chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: