Duck passes away suddenly

Goose_Goose

Songster
5 Years
Nov 20, 2018
Gallup, New Mexico
Hey guys. I have a question. One of my ducks passed away today. She was a crested Pekin and was 8 years old. I'm not sure how she passed. Last night she seemed a bit different, a bit weaker but she was still able to get up and move around but she would lay down more often. She did struggle a bit with her mobility as she was a heavy duck. I gave her some electrolytes hoping it would help, and she drank it. Later I noticed she would spit or throw it all up. I'm just not sure how she may have died. I hope you guys might have some ideas. I know she was older so i don't know if that contributed to her death.

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you.

Hey guys. I have a question. One of my ducks passed away today. She was a crested Pekin and was 8 years old. I'm not sure how she passed. Last night she seemed a bit different, a bit weaker but she was still able to get up and move around but she would lay down more often. She did struggle a bit with her mobility as she was a heavy duck. I gave her some electrolytes hoping it would help, and she drank it. Later I noticed she would spit or throw it all up. I'm just not sure how she may have died. I hope you guys might have some ideas. I know she was older so i don't know if that contributed to her death.

Please let me know what you think.
Thank you.
I am sorry for your duck.
I think it could be old age, but it could be something else. I had a hen that was sick. She was very old.
You could also probably try a necropsy. I don't know much about it though.

So sorry for your loss! :hugs

It could have been anything, honestly, but the fact that she was a large Pekin, and that she was crested, were probably things against her. That she lived this long is remarkable and a testimony to the good life and care you gave her.

Enjoy your memories of her, and know that you did well by her.

Back
Top Bottom