Duck picked up and dropped by fox right in front of us. No visible injuries, but limping. What to do?

micaelasducks

Songster
9 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Hi all. I have a runner duck who, right in front of us (two adults outside with the duck) got picked up by a very brazen fox. We scared it off and it luckily dropped the duck and ran. There are NO external injuries amazingly. No skin punctured. But my duck is limping and I’m worried about some kind of internal damage. Ducks are locked up now and absolutely not going out into the yard any time soon. Is there anything we can do for the duck to rule in or out internal damage / promote healing?

Try to keep her as quiet as is possible, and if it's a duck keep her away from any drakes. If she's bruised it may get a bit worse before it gets better. Good luck with 'her'.
Thank you!! We just have a pair of (female) ducks and we have them in their "house" locked up and frankly likely plan to do so for several days. I have a little bit of metacam from another injury but only just a tiny bit. Really hoping that she lucked out and it is something she can get thru.

Back
Top Bottom