Duck Pipped at Wrong End

It's sooooo adorable to see them following momma around makes you look at her and she soooooo proud.
I know right! She took them for a walk just about 4 feet away from the nest, and to see them run straight up and topple over each other to the mother. It is just So CUTE!!

Oh my gosh! I just stumbled across this thread after reading about your poor little duckling on the shorter thread. I already knew you'd lost a duckling, I just wasn't prepared for the complete involvement I felt while reading THIS thread. Much more to the story! Also makes me terrified to try and hatch anything! Eek! You all have nerves of steel, even when you thought you were losing it! Good job ladies!!
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f44f-1f3fb.png

I think it's amazing how we as readers can get attached and yet we are not there. Just makes it all the more worth wild to have a great supporting team.

I know right! She took them for a walk just about 4 feet away from the nest, and to see them run straight up and topple over each other to the mother. It is just So CUTE!!

AND THEY ARE FAST, boy they can move very quickly. Lol

How are those other eggs? Any noises, and holes anything yet??? They will take longer now because momma will be caring for those youngsters and she won't be keeping those eggs warm constantly. They will be ok just will take them longer..

If they're moving a bunch you sure can, lol. I can also tell if they're dead by how quickly they cool off. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that anyone discard eggs because they're cool, or because you can't feel them move, just want people to make a note of it.

-Kathy
I could tell last year that my gosling was dead in the shell by the difference in the way shell felt.

AND THEY ARE FAST, boy they can move very quickly. Lol

How are those other eggs? Any noises, and holes anything yet??? They will take longer now because momma will be caring for those youngsters and she won't be keeping those eggs warm constantly. They will be ok just will take them longer..
I candled them and 2 have no air sacs whatsoever, and they are kinda heavy. The other one has an air sac and it is not as heavy as the rest are. Nope, no pips, holes, or anything yet.
caf.gif

I candled them and 2 have no air sacs whatsoever, and they are kinda heavy. The other one has an air sac and it is not as heavy as the rest are. Nope, no pips, holes, or anything yet.:caf

Smell those eggs they maybe rotten and boy oh boy you don't want them to explode, creates a huge mess.. If they explode it will destroy or kill any of the good eggs that maybe left..

Last edited:
Smell those eggs they maybe rotten and boy oh boy you don't want them to explode, creates a huge mess.. If they explode it will destroy or kill any of the good eggs that maybe left..
What are they supposed to smell like? BTW, the eggs cool down super fast when she gets up. Like, SUPER fast. Maybe 2 to 3 minutes? Are you they bad?
sickbyc.gif
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom