Duck Pond Ideas

I use kiddie pools.....The amount of poop they let out into a kiddie pool in one afternoon would shock you....Buy a really good filtration system for a duck pond....I will stick to my once a day kiddie pools....

Cheers

I have on Buff duck and I found a 14 gal tray for sand , bricklaying I guess at Lowes in the building materials dept. I just fill it up outside the coop. She gets to swim as often as I can catch her to put her in it. she won't get in it on her own, just drinks from it, but really enjoys it when I put her in it. I try to do it at least every two days. Always change the water after she uses it cause my dogs like to get in it too, when I have the birds put up in the run.

What I did: dug a 2.5 foot deep by about 6 foot wide oval pool, also dug a trench and put a drain in the very bottom. I lined the entire pool with thick black plastic then covered the plastic with chicken wire and mixed up roughly 10 bags of ready mix concrete and covered the pool with the concrete. So far it's working great! The drain is 1" pvc. I wish I would have used 2 inches as it takes about 30 mins to drain. If I lived in a perfect world I would have loved to divert a creek to keep my duck pond with fresh water all the time. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
Great idea with the added concrete. I know ducks' claws were an issue for some ponds with plastic or plastic lining.

Back
Top Bottom