Duck Pond/pool pictures

Can anyone give me directions on how to install a drain into the plastic kiddie ponds? Mine is the larger size one, about 6 ft. round and 1 1/2 ft deep. It is killing my back to try and drain it and refill it every 3-4 days. Somewhere there was a post about how to install a sink type drain with PVC pipe attached but I can't find the thread. I actually have two ponds, one kiddie pool smaller for the younger group so am trying to keep 2 clean. Its a killer trying to flip them over if there is any water left in them when cleaning. Thanks for any info.

between the ducks and my 1 red eared slider that's still around, and direct sunlight, my kiddie pond is a mess all the time.. i need to get something with filtration....

before i had birds, when i had just my turtles, this was one of my favorite websites for pond stuff...

Drs Foster & Smith.... http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/pond-supplies/pr/c/5163
they
have stuff for lots of animals.. not chickens and ducks and etc, but a lot of that stuff can be adapted.. and they have lots of info on their website and in their regular in your hands flip the pages catalogs....

i keep thinking the sand at our new house is ssoo much easier to dig than the last place we lived and i should just build them a real pond done right, but then i remeber i have to get power to it somehow to plug in a filter... lol.. doh....

a couple things that might be relevant from when i had just turtles in the pond....
circulation helps a LOT with algae control and keeping the water clean... even if it's not a filter, and justa powerhead to move the water around...
and there's a carbon/charcoal for the filter that has ammonia in it to.. it's called ammocarb i think.... that was awsome to keep the water clear and the smell gone.. way better than plain carbon filter stuff...

43749_im001847.jpg

43749_im001846.jpg

43749_im001843.jpg

just completed a week ago...
smile.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom