Duck Pond/pool pictures

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sianara, Apr 4, 2010.

1. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Songster

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    Ok thankyou :)

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. FaerieGlynne

FaerieGlynne Chirping

Jan 10, 2016
    Clackamas County Oregon

I think answer to your question is buried in this thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/631861/diy-thread-lets-see-your-inventions/

And also I was told that when I go to Home Depot to get the supplies that someone there can probably easily walk me through it. Good luck I'll be trying to do the same in a couple months

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  3. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Songster

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    I did find a brand of horse water troughs that do have a drain in the bottom like i was looking for, but thank you sooo much.

4. RuzichFamily

RuzichFamily Chirping

Mar 4, 2014
    Martinsburg, IL
    I used schedule 40 plumbing parts. I believe my tank was 3/4". It took a 3/4" male pipe thread, slip coupler to thread in, then I glued a 6" piece of 3/4" pvc into the slip side of the fitting and put a 3/4" ball valve (slip x slip on both ends of valve) on the other end of the pvc so I can drain it.

Here is the fitting you will need, you will just need to verify the size.[​IMG]

5. RachG75

RachG75 Chirping

Jun 5, 2016
    Central Illinois
    Someone gave me a 20x20' sheet of rubber roofing. Is it okay to use that as a pond liner?

6. tinkerbeans

tinkerbeans Hatching

Jan 23, 2017
    looking forward to seeing more ideas and images..will upload some of my designs/pics too

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  7. QuackSpeak

QuackSpeak Songster

Jan 1, 2017
    [​IMG]! I would post pictures too, but I currently do not have ducks, and when I did, my two girls got an old kiddie pool for a 'pond'. Lol, they loved their kiddie pool

8. fishpondcoating

fishpondcoating In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2017
    Shelton Connecticut USA
    @RachG75, Here is what you need,EPDM Liners for Pond leaks and Fish Pond Repair. Pondpro2000 is a 100% liquid EPDM and 100% compatible to your EPDM pond liners sold in pond supply stores". Hope it will help. Thanks

drumstick diva and RachG75 like this.
  9. dfitz74

dfitz74 In the Brooder

Apr 29, 2017
    Love the pics on here. I'm new to owning ducks but so far so good. They love me and seem happy. [​IMG][​IMG]

I'm not, however, sure what kind I have. I thought the tan one was going to be a Pekin. But she's not. The other I'm thinking Magpie?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: