Duck Pond

Mellykins68

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2016
COLORADO
Any suggestions on how to keep your duck pond clean? How often do you change out the water, do you use a filtration system? Here's a pic of our "lap pool" my husband put in a shower drain at one end then a plumbers pipe that went out the back of the pen with a valve/stopper to drain the pool. This is after it was filled, it is really dirty now. Has any one put in a fountain to keep misquitos away, I know ducks eat them but misquitos love me and let me know it.

Looks great; I like the idea of something longer, but narrow. I'm going to be constructing something soon. What did you use? Why did you need to cover it with that vinyl-whatever-it-is?

My husband framed it out of wood then lined it with a rubber shower liner. We put a drain at the one end with a plumbers tube with a stopper on that end, pitched the pool on the other end a little so the it drains fast. Been working great, water run out into the grass, thinking that will be the best grass in the area.:D

I purchased this filter on Amazon for our pond. It was a green sludgy mess. It took a couple of weeks to get it clear again but it worked great! I can see my fish again! We built the pond specifically for our two Peking ducks. The pond is about 9' x 6' x 3' average depth. They've pretty much eaten all my plants so I need to find some they don't like to eat or grow extraordinarily fast to keep up.

Back
Top Bottom