Duck Pond

38859_look.jpg

We got a whole pond in a box kit at walmart for $40. It came with the pump, filter, and liner! When setting those you want to make sure you put sand under them to help support the weight so they don't collapse in on themselves. We have a big pond, and our ducks won't go in it! They prefer their kiddy pool, lol
gig.gif

how would you keep the ducks out of the first pond? Could this be done with only one pond, or would the ducks just eat all plants?

The ducks will eat all the plants. All you need to do is run some cheap poultry wire around the plant pond.

1003428b.jpg

My biofilter in on the right. The plants are growing in trays with water fed off the filter. Details are in my pond thread. (link in signature)​

Quote:
lmao, yes! I do! You're not crazy! (or at least you're not crazy alone!)

Wifezilla - that is really very pretty. I looked at your pond thread earlier. (Took all day for me to read through all those pages - whew!) It was really very interesting. I'm not sure I understand the hydroponic (I think that's right - the growing of your veggies in the pots with the gravel?) portion of it, but I definitely learned quite a bit. Should come in handy later.

yes that deer is fake, lol. It is a shooting target

Wifezilla wrote:
I would use the smaller pool as a biofilter of sorts. Fill it full of water plants and don't let the ducks in it. A pump will be a necessity though.

I got one more question, so i set up both ponds, but fence one off.....how do i connect the two so they work together...get a filter to them both....kinda consfused on your biofilter....and are the plants just something you are doing on the side, or is that helping it all......

sorry for all the trouble i really appreciate your help though!​

Back
Top Bottom