Chirping
Apr 29, 2022
Idaho
Cleaned the duck pool. I give it 20 minutes 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_203025506.jpg
    IMG_20220809_203025506.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 10
I'm cleaning mine tomorrow. I'll time it.

I cleaned it yesterday, and it smelled so bad by this afternoon. I nearly gagged. BUT I just bought an 8ft stock tank for them. Hoping its larger capacity will keep it decently clean for a proportional amount of time. What do you think? Maybe???

Current kiddie pool
Capacity: 100 gallons
Time until gross: 20 min

Stock tank
Capacity: 700 gallons
Time until gross: 2 hours and 20 minutes

(I'm kidding, of course)

I'm cleaning mine tomorrow. I'll time it.

I cleaned it yesterday, and it smelled so bad by this afternoon. I nearly gagged. BUT I just bought an 8ft stock tank for them. Hoping its larger capacity will keep it decently clean for a proportional amount of time. What do you think? Maybe???

Current kiddie pool
Capacity: 100 gallons
Time until gross: 20 min

Stock tank
Capacity: 700 gallons
Time until gross: 2 hours and 20 minutes

(I'm kidding, of course)
Ehh.. I still give it 20 minutes.

I have two kiddy pools, and I alternate them. Meaning, I will clean one and leave the other, then the next day do the other.

Considering the muck at the bottom of a natural pond, I figure they can take a bit of dirt. ;)

I also leave several containers of water for them, which they dirty even faster than the pools. :rolleyes:

I have two kiddy pools, and I alternate them. Meaning, I will clean one and leave the other, then the next day do the other.

Considering the muck at the bottom of a natural pond, I figure they can take a bit of dirt. ;)

I also leave several containers of water for them, which they dirty even faster than the pools. :rolleyes:
I would change mine daily if it weren't for this awful drought we're in. We are on water restrictions. Don't want to be like *those* neighbors who gleefully waste resources because they want to stick it to the government for denying their freedom to waste water.

I would change mine daily if it weren't for this awful drought we're in. We are on water restrictions. Don't want to be like *those* neighbors who gleefully waste resources because they want to stick it to the government for denying their freedom to waste water.
We have our own well, and it takes forever to fill one of those pools! That, and I keep forgetting to turn off the hose so I end up draining the well and my daughter gets upset with me when she tries to take her shower. Thus, one pool a day! :D

We have our own well, and it takes forever to fill one of those pools! That, and I keep forgetting to turn off the hose so I end up draining the well and my daughter gets upset with me when she tries to take her shower. Thus, one pool a day! :D
I’m lucky enough to have 2 wells. Only one is really large, We were told it was 1,000 foot deep. I’m not willing to empty that one to find out. When i was a kid, the well we used would empty every once in awhile and we would go fill it with water from town in a water tank. But this one isnt easy to access like our second one or the one i grew up with. The other we have can be easily accessed but is much smaller. And it isn’t attached to the house any more. To access it we just stick a sump pump down there and pump it into our stock tank.

To fill the pool though we will just go to town and fill out water tank. It will be so much easier and since it hold 350 gallons, it comes close to filling it. Though for it to be full it needs about another 150-200 gallons.

My ducks aren’t in the “pond” all day yet, though they are out their for outings and I haven’t had to change the water yet. I’m thinking to get some plants to put in it to help

I’m lucky enough to have 2 wells. Only one is really large, We were told it was 1,000 foot deep. I’m not willing to empty that one to find out. When i was a kid, the well we used would empty every once in awhile and we would go fill it with water from town in a water tank. But this one isnt easy to access like our second one or the one i grew up with. The other we have can be easily accessed but is much smaller. And it isn’t attached to the house any more. To access it we just stick a sump pump down there and pump it into our stock tank.

To fill the pool though we will just go to town and fill out water tank. It will be so much easier and since it hold 350 gallons, it comes close to filling it. Though for it to be full it needs about another 150-200 gallons.

My ducks aren’t in the “pond” all day yet, though they are out their for outings and I haven’t had to change the water yet. I’m thinking to get some plants to put in it to help
Yes! Plants! I was thinking of growing them elsewhere and rotating them out so that the ducks don't eat them all right away.

Yes! Plants! I was thinking of growing them elsewhere and rotating them out so that the ducks don't eat them all right away.
I just am not sure what ones to get. Obviously I want it to be beneficial and help keep the water clear but just not sure what besides duckweed. I think I would start mine in a little kiddo pool but then transfer…

Back
Top Bottom