Duck pooping yolk

Ok, sounds like she maybe needs some extra calcium. Are you giving her oyster shell or some other source of calcium since she is laying? She should either be on layer's pellets or have extra calcium provided to her during laying season that she can eat at will (either mixed with her food or provided in a separate bowl). I think that would help alot with this problem.

Ok, sounds like she maybe needs some extra calcium. Are you giving her oyster shell or some other
source of calcium since she is laying? She should either be on layer's pellets or have extra calcium provided to her during laying season that she can eat at will (either mixed with her food or provided in a separate bowl). I think that would help alot with this problem. 

The oyster shell just came in the mail today and I gave some to my ducks I will keep everyone updated on how she is

I have given my ducks an extra 80 mg or more daily when they have soft eggs. I dissolve calcium citrate tablets in water and pour that in their food, or crush a tablet and put it in moist peas.

I have given my ducks an extra 80 mg or more daily when they have soft eggs.  I dissolve calcium citrate tablets in water and pour that in their food, or crush a tablet and put it in moist peas.

That's exactly what I am going to do for them for now on thank you!

I have given my ducks an extra 80 mg or more daily when they have soft eggs. I dissolve calcium citrate tablets in water and pour that in their food, or crush a tablet and put it in moist peas.
Do you use the calcium citrate without vitamin D?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom